Monday, March 26, 2012

Hypocrites

I've dealt with my fair share of hypocrites in high school and my college life, but I never thought they would follow me into my adult life. I mean, I did kind of expect it, but at the same time, you are an adult, you need to act like one. I always try to practice what I preach, and I will admit, I sometimes do fall short, but I think I have made a lot of progress. I am no longer in a self-destructive relationship, I am taking better care of my self health wise, I got a good job that  I love, and I try not to take too much offense when people are passive aggressive with me. I used to be very confrontational when someone was passive aggressive with me, but lately I've just been letting crazy be crazy. Yes, it does sometimes bother me, but I've used my better judgement, mostly because the people being passive aggressive are family or friends. I can think of a handful of people that I would love to call up and tell them to go to hell because they are passive aggressive with me and have been getting away with it. I am not a doormat, I just don't give enough f*cks to get into it with you.

Also, if you are going to give advice, please practice what you preach. I understand why people give advice. Maybe it's from a life lesson they've learned or maybe they have someone they know going through something similar and are giving insight into what you can do. However, if you are dishing out advice, you should stand behind your advice and practice what you preach. Recently I have had some people in my life give me advice, and I've seen (and heard) it given to many people, yet the person giving the advice doesn't seem to follow their own advice. I am a big believer in karma, and there are a huge list of people that I'm waiting for it to hit. I know I shouldn't be vengeful, but seriously, if some of you have heard the bulls*it I've been hearing, you would patiently be awaiting sweet lady karma too.

I have recently decided that if a family member or a close friend is being passive aggressive with me, I am going to confront them. I am not going to be passive aggressive or nasty back, I'm going to simply tell them they are really being very rude and being a hypocrite and shouldn't tell me what to do or judge me for my decisions. I am sick and tired of hearing people say one thing and then turn around and do another. I know, it is their decision on how to run their life, but seriously, grow up. It was very hard to write this entry without going into too much detail on the people I've been dealing with, and I'm not going to call them out on my blog. But just be warned, if you are going to be a jerk to me, I am going to call you out and tell you to go to hell.

And now a puppy in a sink...


xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment