Thursday, March 1, 2012

After So Many Years

After so many years of not blogging, I'm thinking about bringing it back. I used to "blog" a lot on Myspace and would always get a ton of hits and comments, so I'm starting back up again. I'm now 24 and have already had my quarter-life crisis. I'm living in College Park, MD with my boo, Andrew, and my pound puppy, Charlie.

I cant lie, I am not the one that came up with the name for the blog. The name from my blog came from Sloganmaker.com, which is fun if you have time to just piss away. I was originally going to name it "My High-Heeled Florescent Lit Life" but I won't be blogging about work, so it didn't make any sense to me.

When I blogged on the ill-fated Myspace, it was mostly about my life as a barista at the greedy corporate capital, Starbucks, and then Borders. While I had fun getting out frustrations there, I migrated over to Facebook and never looked back. I can't get on this whole Twitter bandwagon. I mean I "follow" people (but only check it once a week when I remember) but have no real interest in expressing myself in 140 characters or less.

The only blogs I really follow are Suri's Burn Book, Brown Eyed Baker, The Food in My Beard, and Reddit (but I don't think that counts). I am also active on Pinterest, and I was on it before it became this huge national phenomenon (yes, I just had a hipster moment there). I always read and heard about people who have a real Reddit account that they use and post on, and then a secret account where they post things that they don't want others to know about or find them talking about. As of Monday, I have become one of those people. If you don't know what Reddit is, you are way behind the times. There is no real way to explain it, just go check it out. And the reason I have two accounts is so that one I can keep track of and comment on things, but the other so that I can post things asking for advice on a range of insane situations that I find myself in, mostly asking for reassurance that I am not crazy and the person I'm asking about is crazy and in the wrong.

So topics I will discuss in my blogs will be including but not limited to: fashion (or lack there of), public transportation (so many people love my little rants on Facebook), past experiences from working at Starbucks or Borders and what life lessons I have learned (like if you tell someone to lower their voice or calm down they will do the exact opposite), today's youth, current events, and celebrity news.

I hope my blog is of some interest to some people and that I have people regularly tuning in (I will also be bumping it on Facebook every time I write a new post). That's all for now. If I don't forget about this thing in the next few days, I will post some more. And that's a big IF.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment